The New Lodge at Ben Damph
Situated at the old settlement of Badan Mhugaidh (pronounced Batan Vugey) and completed in 1992, the Ben Damph Log House is a handcrafted construction made entirely of 100 year-old Scots pine, Douglas fir and European larch. All trees were taken from the Estate and building was led by the master craftsman from Quebec, Donald Ouellet.
The spacious accommodation is spread over two floors and comfortably sleeps 14 people (three double beds and eight single beds).
The ground floor comprises of a large open plan living room, a well-equipped kitchen, utility area equipped with washing machine/tumble dryer, off this is a separate WC and a shower room (doubling as ensuite), a family bathroom with WC, two double bedrooms, one ensuite (leading from utility) and a terrace overlooking the entire sweep of Loch Torridon with Ben Alligin behind.
The kitchen is well equipped with gas cooker, gas refrigerator/freezer, microwave and dishwasher.
The first floor opens out onto a large landing and balcony with three bedrooms. One double and two with four single beds each. (These can be joined to make doubles.) There are two shower rooms, both with WCs and heated towel rails.
The house has a biomass boiler installed, this is fed with rhododendron wood and runs the radiators which make the house toasty warm. It also heats up water for the wooden hot tub, which is handmade and is a fun tub of hot water without jacuzzi fittings. This is located on the verandah outside the Log House and will take up to six people.
Facilities at The New Lodge
- Sleeps up to 14 - 3 double & 8 single - five rooms (singles are king/twin making up to 5 doubles possible)
- Well equipped kitchen including a gas cooker & a gas fridge/freezer, microwave, washer/dryer & dishwasher
- Linen & towels included
- Biomass boiler (wood supplied)
- Fully centrally heated with radiators throughout
- Electricity supplied by generator
- Dogs by arrangement.
- Wood and coal burning stove - fuel provided
- Landline with honesty box, Vodaphone / O2 reception, Wi-Fi Broadband
- Cot and high chair available
- Outside hot tub (handmade wooden barrel - no jacuzzi fittings) seats six
What our visitors have to say...
Will take back lots of amazing memories from this weekend in the Log House. Weather was perfect and accommodation to die for.
Completely wonderful holiday in the Log House. Venison, mussels from the beach, otters, white tailed eagles, candle-lit card games. Couldn't ask for more.
Henmans x 6 and Duddys x 5
What an absolute paradise. Fantasic views and walks, the Log House is an amazing lodge - fun locals. Just a wonderful place to be. Thanks for allowing us the privilege.
Helen Scott, Hebburn, Tyne and Wear