Ben Damph Lodge
Ben Damph Lodge was built to replace the Log House, that sadly burned down in June 2018. The Gray family wanted to pay tribute to the craftmanship of the old log cabin, while using the latest building techniques to ensure an environmentally-friendly new construction.
Curve Architecture in Edinburgh designed a house that hugs the landscape, providing shelter, whilst also celebrating it’s openness to this unique location. The house is clad in native larch from the estate and Nordic eco steel, while timber frames made from Scottish Douglas Fir frame the main living area.
Every effort has been made to ensure the house has a low carbon footprint. Efficient construction ensures the house is well insulated. The house is powered by solar panels, while the heating is provided by a ground source heat pump. Natural materials, such as local stone and slate, have been used wherever possible to bring the outside in and create a feeling of being in nature. Our own 130-year-old Douglas Fir from the estate has been used to make fitted furniture. All the modern comforts are provided, while at the same time trying to use vintage and antique items wherever possible.
Ben Damph Lodge is the perfect place to get away from it all or to have a fabulous party. The main living space is designed to be a gathering place, while also providing cosier spaces around the house (still with a great view) to chill out and relax. Local amenities provide opportunities for outdoor activities such as walking, mountain biking, climbing, kayaking and wild swimming. It is also possible to go stalking, shooting or fishing. Or just stay at home and enjoy those magnificent views across Upper Loch Torridon and out to the mountains beyond…
Facilities at Ben Damph Lodge
- Two bedrooms downstairs (Able to sleep either one super kingsize bed and a single, or triple single) with ensuite
- Two bedrooms upstairs (Both kingsize beds) with ensuite
- Two vintage baths with views to the mountains
- A breath-taking main living area with Douglas Fir frames and views across Loch Torridon
- The perfect location for a family holiday, yoga retreat, or group activity
- 4g wifi throughout
- 6 to 8 person wooden hot tub with ‘scuba’ wood burning stove
- Home office
- Wildlife spotting from house includes otters, black throated divers, red deer, sea eagle, pine marten
- Mountain walks from the door (and a pub within walking distance)
- Outdoor activities include stalking, sea kayaking, climbing, shooting, fishing, mountain biking
- Well equipped kitchen including American fridge and freezer, gas hob, electric fan oven
- Good mobile reception
- Cosy wood-burning stove
- Linen & towels included
- Dogs by arrangement